[pct-l] Treating water on the PCT is a personal choice"choosewisely"

linda.hungerford linda.hungerford at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 11:16:15 CST 2009

Everyone complains about cows, but deer and mountain goats and elk can carry
giardia just the same.  I never really thought about it, until one day I was
steripenning my water and eating lunch on the Rogue River trail, and three
youngish deer came up and watched me for about 15 minutes.  Apparently they
never got the flyer telling them they are supposed to defecate at least 100
yards from any water course...