[pct-l] Cleaning Down

Paul Bodnar paulbodnar at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 16 21:35:24 CST 2009

I just bought down cleaner concentrate called Revivex at Campmor.com for $7.99 (12 oz. container, 3 down bag washes or 12 garments).  I plan on getting my bag a bit dirty this winter... but haven't tested this out yet.  I am sure directions are similar between brands.

The bottle clearly states to use a front loader washer, you'll want to go to laundry mat because it recommends using a commercial dryer.  Directions seem pretty easy to follow, 1) zip up bag, apply concentrate to soiled areas 2) add 4 oz of cleaner 3) Use gentle cycle (front loader) 4) Run extra spin cycle 5) Commercial dryer on low heat, home dryers can burn the bag.  Check bag periodically 5a) clean tennis bottles can be added to break up the down clumps.

Or my wife says just follow what it says on the tag... she has washed her down Mountain Hardwear Clouds Rest in our front loader with no problems.  And remember to check the bag periodically when it is in the dryer...

Paul

Hikethru.com