[pct-l] Dear Class of 2010... Greetings

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 16 19:37:01 CST 2009

Thanks Patti,
Sounds like you found a treasure trove of neato things.  The JMT, especially certain sections like the Rae Lakes and Evolution loops, get high usage and we are and will be forever picking up after each other.  I figure it's just part of the deal.  I've hauled a few things out, probably the largest about a twenty ft by 6 ft piece of 6 mil clear poly sheeting I found shoved in some rocks near Lamarck Col.  ButI gotta think you got me beat out with the burnt shoes !
On the other hand, stuffing someone's candy wrapper or misplaced coffee filter in my trash sack or trash pocket doesn't bother me.    I can't imagine I have ever accidentally lost a Jolly Rancher wrapper or some such thing, but I hope if I did someone like yourself snatched it up before it got into a creek, or so the next person didn't have to see it.  It's just part of the deal...
But yeah, there are some knuckleheads out there aren't there.