[pct-l] The PCT Golden Spike Monument

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Mon Dec 14 20:26:29 CST 2009

I recently read that Switchback the Pirate was seen off and on-trail
plundering and searching for the legendary "Treasure of the Golden Spike." I
wish he had found it, for it would now be in good hands. A trail friend
shared with me a photo of the PCT Golden Spike that dedicated the final
trail piece built in 1993. Here, it shines again.
http://www.pbase.com/image/120296154 PCT Golden Spike
Anyone have more information?
Anyone know which mile point it was placed??
The PCT was shorter back then, only 2638 miles.
~~
Sadly, the Golden Spike monument was stolen/disappeared a few years ago.
L-Rod