[pct-l] MUD FLOWS IN anf

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Sat Dec 12 22:04:51 CST 2009

I agree, I have 20 acres that butts up against the pleasantview ridge
wilderness, up at 4600 ft level, on the north side of the San Gabriel
mountains.
The fire stopped just at the bottom of the other side of the ridge, so were
safe.
But the Angeles Crest highway has always been closed on the first snow every
year, and remains closed until memorial day in may.
I guess the forest service was under pressure to keep it open, as it has been
closed for 5 years because of the avalanche damage, and it has only been open
since August.
But I'm steering clear of the burn area, until the forest service opens the
closed areas.
I think they have enough work on their hands, without rescueing interlopers.
I'm desert hiking and camping this winter. (it's incredibly beautiful in the
winter). Death Valley, here I come.

Canoeman