[pct-l] Two pair of socks

Susan Alcorn backpack45 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 19:37:25 CST 2009

I have been having good luck with a variation on the two pair of socks plan.. I wear the toe socks by Injinji under a pair of lightweight synthetic socks. Advantage is that there is material between the toes, reducing friction, and also the reduced friction overall because of the two pair of socks. As some may know the Injinji socks wear out quickly, but wearing the second pair over them extends their life. Of course everybody's feet are different, and it also seems that an individual's feet change from time to time also!
Cheers,Susan Alcorn

Shepherd Canyon Books, Oakland, CA
www.backpack45.com and backpack45.blogspot.com
http://www.examiner.com/x-11423-Bay-Area-Hiking-Examiner
Publishers of two award-winning books: Camino Chronicle: Walking to Santiago and We're in the Mountains Not over the Hill: Tales and Tips from Seasoned Women Backpackers.