[pct-l] Barefoot

frank martin sriprank at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 12 08:07:41 CST 2009

Not to deter anyone but yes you can build up enough callous to withstand sharp objects.

I lived most of the '70's in India and was barefoot most of that peroid.

I built up thick callous.  So thick that it eventually would crack and then fissure.  These fissures were very painful and left the foot exposed to infection.  The only remedy was to seal them off.  We would use unprocessed cashew nuts which in the raw state are surrounded by an acid.  The acid would form a tar like substance when applied to the callous.  Even then it was still painful walking.

alamedafrank '08