[pct-l] PCT Barefoot - Resources

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Fri Dec 11 00:37:19 CST 2009

Barefoot Ted runs ultramarathons barefoot or in minimalist shoes. He
runs barefoot in the San Gabriels. His web site is http://
barefootted.com .

I lead Sierra Club hikes and once a woman showed up for one of our
more challenging hikes barefoot. I took one look at her feet and knew
she could do it so I let her sign up. The hike involved walking in
the chaparral on a primitive trail that involved rock scrambling and
definitely not smooth trail conditions like the PCT. She did fine.
But she did put on her flip-flops in the afternoon because the soil
was too hot and burning her feet.