[pct-l] PCT Barefoot

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 20:02:23 CST 2009

I love the idea.  I think I've heard of a couple of women who hiked the AT
barefoot.  I'm worried about your feet in the desert sections, and in the
few lava-rock sections.  You may consider taking some moccasins with you for
those areas.

Also, having done a SMALL amoount of hiking barefoot, I'd highly reccomend
doing lots of barefoot hiking before the PCT to toughen your feet up.  At
first, you'll need a lot of time to heal in between barefoot hikes.  If you
don't toughen up before the hike, you'll have to take lots of zero days
early in your trip to heal.

I think this is totally doable though.  I think I'll do some barefoot hiking
this summer.  Neat idea.

-Austin