[pct-l] canada entry

Thomas Jamrog balrog at midcoast.com
Tue Dec 8 05:12:42 CST 2009

This is not entirely accurate information.  I live in Maine, and we have a  border with Canada.  I do a lot of motorcycling. On one of our trips,  one of my buddies had a conviction for marijuana possession from the 1970's. Canada allowed him a one time entry for an immediate payment of $200, but that one time deal was just that , one time deal.  He was advised that to ever come into Canada again, he had to  to provide proof that he had been "rehabilitated".  This had nothing to do with drug treatment, but he had to apply to the Canadian consulate on this side for such a letter, which was issued for the sum of $700.   Now, all he has to do to get in is to show the physical original letter at  Canadian customs and there is immediate entry.   He's really careful about not losing that letter.  So,  I am not sure if that $200 one time fee remains the same today, but that was the deal 5 years ago.  This is for DUI and drug arrest situations, even possession.
Uncle Tom