[pct-l] sleeping with your food everywhere except in the Sierra

Jereen Anderson jereenanderson at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 22:52:23 CST 2009

>From MendoRider,
I would not recommend sleeping with your food. Along the PCT there are bears in other places than just in the Sierra. You don't want to wake up some night to bruin sniffing at your tent. And bears are not the only critters that will want your food. Ever heard of rodents? They will chew right through your tent to get at your food. I always store my food in an OPSAK. They are 100% odor-proof - will not let ANY odors escape. I used them in all three states during my PCT ride. You can get them from REI or order them on line.
MendoRider