[pct-l] dogs/pets

sandy boyd sandylwes at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 6 20:50:35 CST 2009

Im sitting here between knee surgeries really wanting to get a dog again. I recently (march) lost my dog of 12 years. Ive section hiked over 500 miles of the PCT the last 2 years. Id always felt bad leaving my dog behind before, but believe for me, I dont want to take a dog on an extended hike on the PCT. But, I REALLY miss my dog.
  So... how do you guys deal with leaving your pets behind?? Is it right to get another dog knowing Im gonna be gone a month or more the next 2 summers? Who do you find to watch them/it? My son will be moved out by next summer, so wont have him to dog sit again.
Im considering fostering a dog....wont be the same.. but..maybe it will suffice???

I just want to do the right thing..just my thoughts on a cold windy sunday..

sandy  aka 50 feet..