[pct-l] jet boil

Bill Burge bill at burge.com
Sat Dec 5 21:01:21 CST 2009

I own a Jetboil and have played with an alcohol stove a little.  It
was not the best choice in an alcohol stove, so I won't go into THOSE
results.

One of the important things that David mentions, and I don't want it
to get lost, is that the Jetboil fit his style of cooking; but ALSO,
it was being used for TWO people.

I don't know if I would recommend the weight of the Jetboil over the
alcohol cook kits out there for a SOLO hiker, but it makes for an
interesting comparison if you are cooking for two.  It boils the right
amount of water, IN ONE PASS, for two dinners.

Is there any alcohol stove that can boil a quart of water in one fuel
fill?  No really, I'm curious; my girlfriend and I are working towards
a PCT hike in 2011 and there's two of us.  (Unless she's a figment of
my imagination.  Have to talk to my therapist about that one...  ;-)
We're also planning our meals the same way David did theirs...

BillB