[pct-l] jet boil

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Sat Dec 5 14:48:04 CST 2009

Good afternoon, Canoeman,

I don’t have a JetBoil but I’ve seen many of them used.  People seem to like
them.  I have several complaints:  Depending upon the model, the JetBoils
weigh between 16 and 28 ounces.  My pop can stove, foil windshield, and
titanium pot/lid total less than 6 ounces, and I can get lighter by using a
SuperCat stove and a large Foster’s beer can for a pot.

The JetBoil sets are fairly intricate, while my alcohol stoves have exactly
no moving parts.

Alcohol is more readily available than the pressure-can fuel.

Enjoy your hiking season,

Steel-Eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye
http://www.trailjournals.com/SteelEye09