[pct-l] new spot 2 messenger deffect

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Fri Dec 4 02:18:56 CST 2009

for those of you considering buying the new spot messenger, the spot 2, it may
have repairable deffect.I replaced my spot messenger with the new smaller,
enhanced features spot 2, the other day, and when I installed the batteries and
it was DOA.
After close examination I noticed the  battery springs (positive contact side)
dont make contact with the battery positive nub.
the positive springs are recessed, and won't make contact with the shorter nub
on lithium batteries.The new spot 2 takes 3 of the  smaller lithium  AAA
batteries.

A quick fix is to use a micro screw driver and slightly stretch the spring out
to make contact with the short lithium battery pos. nub.
I am posting this in case anyone had a trip planned, and was depending on the
spot as a back up, and you  dont have time to return this to the place of
purchase.

please spare me the droning comments about needing a spot messenger, yuppie 911
etc.

I am simply making a statement to help those who might benefit from this memo.

Respectfully

Canoeman