[pct-l] Hiking Partner

Pat Wormington airecrew at netzero.net
Tue Dec 1 10:44:50 CST 2009

It looks like you haven't had much of a response to your query on the
forum.  I'm a section hiker that finished the PCT this year.  I also
love to smell and see the flowers and wildlife and actually walk the
trail tread, not hike above it on snow and posthole.  Over the years
hiking the PCT I have noticed that the thrus enjoy a camaraderie that
you seldom see elsewhere.  You might consider hiking solo through the
High Sierra and have your partner join you again on the North End.  That
way you will continue to enjoy the new friends you have made while
hiking up to Kennedy Meadows.  Then you can hike with her through the
High Sierra at the end of the hiking season.   I hiked the JMT starting
mid July 2007.   Whitney had only 5% of normal Precip. that year.  The
Sierra is hurting for water.

Hope this Helps,

Jollylopper