[pct-l] Elephant's Foot Sleeping Bag Revisited

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Aug 31 17:59:38 CDT 2009

Yes, once again, Switchback, has broken new ground in backpackerdom.

I ordered from Backcountrygear.com the Western Mountaineering Tamarak sleeping bag.? I will use it as a 15 ounce half bag with my down jacket.? This is one sweet bag.? It is 5 feet in length, 850+ down, and a full length zipper down one side.? That means I can use it as a down blanket when I want to.? Nice.? Plus, it only cost a paltry $200.? What a steal for this quality --- unbelievable.

With a little inside clothing I can easily go down into the teens on cold nights.? No problem.

I also bought the Western Mountaineering down pillow for $40.? It weighs 5 ounces and measures 14X10 inches.? The loft is around 3.5 inches.? Dreamland is now guaranteed.

Of course, I have already thought of a neat modification to the bag to make it more efficient to use.

Later, Switchback the Trail Pirate