[pct-l] Station Fire -- PCT Closure

dsaufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Aug 30 16:46:27 CDT 2009

Thanks, ProDeal.  This is the best map resource I've seen so far, and
matches what we're seeing along the northern flank of the San Gabriels. FYI
to anyone concerned -- we are outside of the evacuation area at the present
time and the fire is miles from us.  That said, we love these local
mountains and are in them often.  The loss of vegetation and forest is truly
a great one.  Some of the trees up there are over 600 years old.  I can only
hope that they've survived past fires, and will survive this one.

L-Rod