[pct-l] Humor - Hard Core Backpackers on the Golf Course

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Aug 29 10:15:44 CDT 2009

Our intrepid PCT heroes, Grizzly, Rascal, and Trail Dust?decided?to take Switchback up on an offer and go to?the country club and play some golf?on a Saturday afternoon.? They find this to be a nice break from their hard core backpacking.?

All three step up to the first?tee and hit some nice drives down the fairway.???

Switchback?starts his?normal pre-shot routine, visualizing the flight of the ball and the likely landing area.? As a premier hard core backpacker, Switchback, likes to plan things out, so there are no surprises.? All at once a loud voice?comes over?the clubhouse loudspeaker.? It is coming from the starter's?office area.?

"Would the gentleman on the Ladies Tee back up to the Men's Tee to hit his shot, please!!"

Switchback was?still deep in his routine, seemingly impervious to the interruption. Again the announcement --- "Would the MAN on the WOMEN'S Tee kindly back up to the Men's Tee."?

Finally, Switchback stops and turns to the clubhouse starter's window and glaringly stares.?

He shouts back, "Would the person in the clubhouse kindly shut up and let me play my second shot?"