[pct-l] bits and pieces

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sat Aug 29 04:32:42 CDT 2009

The lost llama in Mt. Jefferson wilderness was recovered after 18 days.
  He is home safe and sound.

We attempted a 30 day hike from Twin Lakes (Bridgeport) to Kennedy
Meadows south this August.  We had to abort after 12 days when one of
our llamas developed sore feet and no longer would hike.  We bailed at
Agnew Meadows.

So the llamas went home and we took a road trip thru CA-OR-WA-BC.

We spent a night in a campground at Manning Park, fantasizing about the PCT.

We spent two hours waiting at the Canadian border south of Vancouver to
re-enter the USA.  The border patrol searched our RV.  We speculate they
were looking for extra people onboard.  We had to wait in the office so
we aren't sure what they did.

The mosquitoes in Oregon were large, durable and wary.  I have about 50
scabs on me, that will take weeks to heal, from scratching the bites.

Blackberry picking on the Olympic Peninsula was a truly awesome experience.

We finished up the trip with a visit to Burney Falls on the way home.  I
put this falls right up there with Niagara and Upper Yosemite Falls as
an overwhelming sensory experience.

Marion (Llamalady)