[pct-l] Mosquitoes

Postholer public at postholer.com
Fri Aug 28 16:31:12 CDT 2009

> How bad really are the mosquitoes on a PCT thru' hike.
> Yes, there will be mosquitoes, and at times they will be
> in dense numbers.  But can one quantify it?

Let's put it this way, how much damage to bare skin can an average of 5
hungry mozzies do over the course of 7 hours? Is this something you want to
ignore?

It's not just the hordes you have to deal with, more often than not, it's
the few continuous mozzies. I can probably remember at least 20 nights of
varying degrees of mozzies. This may be anywhere along the trail, you must
always be prepared.

-postholer