[pct-l] Shelter Stakes

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Aug 17 06:07:13 CDT 2009

I just want to mention again the cool shelter stakes over at www.mountainlaureldesigins.com.

Their Ti Stakes are $23 for six painted stakes.? These are neat because they have bright paint on the top part of the light weight stake, so you do not loose them.? This is like I do at the April Kickoff when I paint hiker's shelter stakes at the Pirate's Lair (strangely no one asked me to do that this year).

You can paint your own shelter stakes with a can of florescent paint and a clear coat protective spray.? Just repaint them each season if needed.? Simple and very effective.? I figure the paint only adds about 1-2 grams to your stake weight.

I also like their bug shelter design at Mountain Laurel.? It uses two hiking poles and comes in several sizes.?

I thank you for your attention.

Cheers, Switchback