[pct-l] SPOT - 2nd generation model

Scott thehairlesscat at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 12:53:21 CDT 2009

Jim.  I've been interested in the Spot.  Have you tried the 1st gen?  Do you
consider it a toy because it lacks good coverage?  I'd like a good way to
relay my info of where I am so that my family will feel better and so that I
can get help if necessary.  If the Spot is not good for this, why and what
have you used that worked well?

Thanks for any info.

--
-Scott
-Trailcat if this message is hiker related.

Disclaimer: Trailcat should be taken to imply no actual cat-like ability
including but not limited to the ability to land upright or show any kind of
grace in motion whatsoever.  Scott should be taken to be my name and no
ability to play the bagpipes should be inferred.