[pct-l] Mosquito situation around Mt. Jefferson

Kent Spring kjssail at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 00:32:36 CDT 2009

Hi -
I was thru the area about 3 days ago, stayed at Shale Lake that night.  The mosquitos  weren't too bad in the evening - and I was on the downwind side of the lake, indeed there was a little pond at the back of my campsite.  No problem with them while on the move.  The daytime mosquitos are different from the night time ones - the ones out during the day are little and don't buzz much.  The night ones are bigger, but - again, not too many.

Have a safe hike -  Spring