[pct-l] The PCT north of Snoqualmie Pass...

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Sat Aug 8 12:00:41 CDT 2009

I just want to thank Matt for sending the link to Google Earth's map of the
Snoqualmie Pass area. Since going thru there in 1974, I've always told
people that the northern half of Washington was my second favorite area of
the whole PCT. My route was so much different than where hikers go today.
Based on the pictures in Google Earth of the area, it is far more gorgeous
than I remember!! Though I went past Snow and Valhalla Lake (the only place
I've ever been in a white-out) to Waptus Lake, I thought that the area was
beautiful, but the trail's route now is far more exposed and rugged and
awesome!! The Catwalk is an amazing feat of trail construction. Anyone on
this forum know anything about its creation?

I have often been asked when I'm going to re-hike the Crest. So far I have
no desire; there are so many other things in life to do. But after looking
at these pictures on G. E., I am really teased to re-do this section, for
sure!

Mtnned