[pct-l] Oregon SNOTEL data... what's up?

Ollen Mullis omullis at aircanopy.net
Fri Aug 7 12:44:26 CDT 2009

I've been tracking the OR SNOTEL data on Postholer.com for the last couple months

and notice that for all the stations between Annie Springs and Mt Hood, inclusive, the

daily high temps have all fallen off a cliff the last few days...  from the 80-90s into the

50-60s.

I assume this is real since I can't imagine all six stations glitching in concert like this.

Anyone local can comment on what the weather's doing in Oregon.  I know this year

has been pretty warm up to now.  While I know temps vary year to year, I'm tracking

these data to get some idea of how the temps behave during July-Aug since my son

and I plan to hike the OR section next year.

Ollen

Venus TX