[pct-l] Two-Year Plan

Judson Brown judsonwb at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 23:17:31 CDT 2009

I live in OR, and one of the great tragedies of this state is the prevalence
of mosquitoes in July. I like to backpack in conditions that don't involve
carefully monitoring your sanity due to the number of stinging insects. As a
result, I would suggest towards the second half of July. Thru hikers are
often still in NorCal at this time, so you wouldn't really be setting
yourself behind to start this late. Just my opinion, of course; I'm sure
you'll hear different from people more tolerant of snow and mosquitoes.