[pct-l] Laundry

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 21:13:37 CDT 2009

Well I wore my rain gear, which when I was in Sisters, it was extremely warm, somewhere around 90! I did impress a couple folks that I managed to change into these garments without anyone seeing me do this! And then I did the same thing in the opposite direction, still without being seen! I had to do to this among the machines as they do not have a bathroom for someone to change in, or use! AND the soap machine ate 75 cents!!! But a very nice woman offered me some of her soap and bought me a soda!!

I met a couple folks along the way that had 'running' shorts and a tee that they kept for their laundry days, don't know where they kept theirs. I didn't keep them in a separate bag, they were in the bottom of my clothes stuff sack, along with a "fresh" pair of undies set aside just for laundry day!!

My only criticism of Sisters, I had been told by three sources that there were public showers at the campground in town....there wasn't! So I had clean clothes, but not a clean body, well I took a "bath" in the campground's bathroom sink, not quite the same thing. And it wasn't until Cascade Locks that I got a shower!!! (actually at my house in Portland, but same idea)
tammy t.