[pct-l] Best time to hike washington

Jo Pegrum Hazelett joph at piedmontbsa.org
Wed Apr 29 12:50:42 CDT 2009

I would add to the comments below that it is best to be prepared for rain
and snow no matter when you go. As section hikers, my husband and I chose to
do each half of Washington in the middle 2 weeks of August. We were told by
lots of people, especially Washingtonians that it was our best shot at
staying dry and avoiding most of the mosquitoes. On both trips (in 2
separate years) we had rain and or the famous Northwest drizzle which just
soaks you to the skin. On August 21, 2008 I have photos of us in an all out
blizzard! So, go prepared! (We also had some great weather, but Washington
is not Southern California!).

Jo (PCT 08)

http://postholer.com/jo

Message: 1