[pct-l] Hopefully this is not a stupid question

Will M jalan04 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 11:06:58 CDT 2009

No, that's not a stupid question.  Your pack is your life and you certainly
don't want to lose it.

Unless it is strictly forbidden, I throw my pack in my shopping cart at
larger stores.

At smaller stores, I'm a little more cautious. Be polite and ask if its ok
to being your pack in.  If its a really small store, you can hopefully find
a spot to put your pack near the door.

If there are other hikers with you, you can shop in shifts and take turn
watching each others packs.  I ususally remove small valuables before
putting my pack down and also when hitching rides.

Try to put yourself in the store owners shoes.  A big pack in a small
cramped store could potentially cause some damage and/or block aisles.

Jalan jalan