[pct-l] Journaling sites

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Mon Apr 27 15:41:52 CDT 2009

Jiffypop,

Initially, I too found the Postholer layout difficult to read compared
to Trail Journals, and I'm not sure why I thought so. I have since
reversed my thinking on this, mostly because the Trail Journals
sorting never seems to work correctly for me and I find it more
difficult to locate recently updated Trail Journals.

Aside from sorting of journals that actually works, the Postholer site
also allows journal writers to do almost everything from a mobile
smartphone like a Blackberry and attracts at least a few journal
writers who post updates almost daily from the trail at least for the
first 600 or so miles of the PCT where cell phone coverage is
generally good. I find this quick, almost immediate, delivery of trail
news fascinating and sometimes even useful (thinking about some of the
fire information posted in 2008).

-Halfmile