[pct-l] Ride From Airport to Border...nasty beast

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Apr 27 04:44:57 CDT 2009

I agree Soul Sista,
A simple request for assistance followed by a "please".
What do they get in response?....A sarcastic reply.
Happens much to often on this list.
Like I said...."Welcome to the club Tom & Tori,....they don't mean to be rude, it's not their
fault, they can't help it, it's the nature of the beast".
At least the nature of some of the beasts.

JMT Reinhold
-----------------------------

Soul Sista wrote:
Personally, I didn't see a single thing wrong with this request by these
2 folks. They asked kindly, made a REQUEST, not a demand, said "please"
and "thank you"...what more do ya want, folks? I didn't see any sense of
entitlement or anything here, unless someone was attempting to read
between the lines.....just a simple request for a ride, after other
options had been exhausted first.

Let's play nice folks!! Sheesh!!
Sounds like some folks need to go take a hike.........

Soul Sista
----------------------------

Jim Eagleton wrote:
/You took out two references to the 5:00 am start. I think this is nasty. I take back my apology.
////////I still think the Trail Angels are awesome, otherwise we would not be having this debate.
////
toc
----------------------------
//
// Reinhold wrote:  ////
 Tom & Tori,
// Welcome to the club.
// Like I said before...they don't mean to be nasty....they can't help it...it's the nature of
// the beast.
// JMT Reinhold
// ---------------------------
// Toc wrote
// Do you want someone to have and raise your first born while you are on the trail?
// Did you learn about hiker entitlement on the AT?
//
// toc
// ---------------------------
// Tom & Tori wrote:
// Howdy, Folks. No luck coordinating a ride from the ride share board on
// ADZPCTKO site. Schedules do not mesh with our arrival / departure.
//
// Can anyone pick up two hikers at SD airport on 5 May and drive them to the
// border on 8 May? Would like to be at border no later than 5am. Would be
//willing to accept ride to boarder only. Please, let us know as soon as you
//
// Tom & Tori Lindsley
/