[pct-l] Starting around June 8th - Advice

Colin Vandergraaf colinvdgraaf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 08:37:07 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,
My name is Colin from I-80 corridor between Sacramento and San Francisco and
I'm planning on starting a through hike around June 8th.  As of now, I
intend to start in Campo because it seems that the trail is easier to
navigate and is not as rugged initially. It has been four years since my
last long distance hike and I'll need a few days on the trail to readjust. I
have a couple of questions:

1.  For those of you with experience in the area, is this too late to start
in terms of the desert heat?

2.  I realize this is too late to hike all the way through to Manning, but I
am curious to know where do people tend to flip-flop up to Canada.  I was
thinking I-80 as a good location to do so.  Do people tend to do so earlier?

3.  Does anyone know any SOBO hikers for the season that are looking for
another person to start out with?  I would consider starting out from
Manning if schedules coincided.

And thanks to all of the contributors on this list over the past few months.
 I have learned a wealth of information.

Take Care,
Colin