[pct-l] Halfmile at the kickoff

Halfmile halfmile at pctmap.net
Wed Apr 15 14:09:01 CDT 2009

Hi everyone,
I will be going out to  the kickoff Thursday evening (4/23) and
staying in campsite 38. If anyone is interested in discussing maps or
trail navigation, look me up.
I am prepared to share whatever I know or can help with:
-Using a map and compass
-Using UTM grids with basic GPS units like the Garmin Geko, Fortrex or iPhone
-How to log trails and make trail maps
I will bring a laptop and can help GPS users load any of the data I
have at http://www.pctmap.net. I am very familiar with most of the
Garmin GPS models and most iPhone navigation software. Not sure if I
will be much help with any of the other brands, however.
See you at the kickoff.
-Halfmile