[pct-l] Off the beaten path

Stephen reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 10 15:06:34 CDT 2009

Though it may well be a light snow year, I don't know that I could recomend
too much off trail or unmaintained side trail stuff in the Sierra unless one
has a real good idea about it.  When you see how high the passes are between
Palisades Lakes and Dusy Basin one will probably reconsider anyway.  I've
been thru there three times, and it's not like trail rambling at all.  You
have to go really slow and patiently and figure on about 1/2 to 1 mph max.
If anyone wants a photo covering the area well shot from the ridge above
Mather Pass I can email it showing a couple of routes, and the PCT thru that
section...
Stephen