[pct-l] Elk Lake,OR

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:31:50 CDT 2009

On 4/6/09, Steve Stenkamp <sskamp at bendnet.com> wrote:

> PCT Hiker specials
> 25% off cabin rentals
> $5.00 Hot showers includes Towel,soap and shampoo

Last year, I got a shower and did laundry here at a good price, but
the food items for sale were the most expensive of my hike, by a fair
amount.  12oz. can of soda was $2.00, ice cream bars that were $2.50
elsewhere were $4.00 here, beer was...similarly higher.  I walked in
and just stared at the soda case for five minutes before I could bring
myself to buy one. (The fountain sodas were more in-line with other
places.)  The Yogi book has downbeat remarks about the pricing at
Shelter Cove, which just precedes, but doesn't note anything here.
Shelter Cove was a good bit less than these prices.

Nice people, though.  Just trying to minimize the surprise.