[pct-l] Mountain lions and hunting

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 18:33:55 CDT 2009

OMG...Not only are U misrepresenting the truth, but...I won't even go there
with U...

Here are copies of my messages TO YOU:

04/02 11:49PM:
"Mark,
And once the mountain lion pounces on U and its 1st attempt is foiled by the
pack, what is your defense in the pitch-black darkness of the mountains cuz
he's sure not gonna run-off just cuz UR not dead yet???......."

04/03 12:37AM:
"Mark,
This is going from the practical to the absurd.  Walking around with a
pulled knife or gun in hand???  C'mon!  I DO TOTALLY AGREE with U on the
astronomical improbability of a mountain lion attack, but that's not the
only practical reason to carry a gun or knife while on a trek through the
wilderness...."

04/03 01:53PM:
""...keep your guns off the trail..."???"

04/03 01:57PM:
""...more lions are hunted down now than at any time in history."  Where is
this coming from??? J/W, Josh"

04/03 02:00PM:
"UR statement wasn't in the form of a "suggestion" nor was my statement
"it's a good idea to carry a gun on the PCT...".  Let's keep things in
context and pertinent. Josh"

Of ALL of those messages ONLY the one re-posted to the forum was the 04/03
01:57PM one where you had replied @ 02:22PM with:
"California State Department of Fish and Game"
And I explained that the reason for that was a very pertinent link.

Mark,
I had NOT intended this to become so personal...nor have I intentionally
been abrasive or argumentative...although that's were this convo had
arrived.  I apologize for hurting your feelings and will try to be extra
careful to click on the "Reply All" button in future dealings with you.

Don't feel compelled to reply, ok?

Josh