[pct-l] Mountain lions and hunting

Josh 559josh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 16:30:19 CDT 2009

Mark,
That's a fairly vague reference...and prob only deals with CA...where is has
been ILLEGAL to HUNT Cougars since 1990's Prob 117...and this is the reason
for the increasing population of the creature and their steadily increasing
level of human encounters.  I'm pretty sure that only Contracted Hunters are
allowed to hunt them...and these are in instances of rabies, or attack, or
violent confrontations, etc where the DFG or NPS, etc has deemed an animal a
threat.

I was under the impression that people have done the most deliberate damage
to wildlife populations before we became so environmentally-minded.  I'd
recommend a review of the following link:
http://www.cougarfund.org/naturalhistory/timeline/

Josh