[pct-l] alcohol (stove) bottle size for a thru-hike.

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Fri Apr 3 13:41:27 CDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 2:34 PM, Josh wrote:
> I'd surmise that not too many backpackers share water bottles so
> marking UR
> HEET, while might be a good idea, is prob unnecessary if using his
> method or
> something similar...and the 1st time U accidentally took a sip of the
> alcohol, I'm SURE U wouldn't forget which was which! lol

Another potential danger is if someone thinks your fuel bottle
contains water and tries to use it to put out a campfire or stove
fire...

I think it just makes sense to very clearly mark any bottle that
contains fuel--especially when you are storing it in a bottle that is
typically used to contain something drinkable.

Nalgene used to sell a bright red plastic fuel container, but it seems
to be discontinued.