[pct-l] rats in your pack!!!

Rick Ostheimer rick.ostheimer at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 3 07:30:12 CDT 2009

Besides sleeping with your food or hanging outside
bear-canister-required areas, try to camp in locations that aren't
heavily used.  The only time I ran into a problem with varmints was at
Hemlock Camp in WA about 7 miles before where you catch the bus to
Stehekin.  I had my food next to my head and fortunately heard the
critters rustling around.  Wound up having to get up and hang the food
bags from a 'biner on the line I had clothes drying.   When I glanced
up, the mouse was doing a tightrope walk on the clothes line, but
couldn't figure out how to get down to the food bag.

Handlebar
PCT08