[pct-l] SuperSecrets of Backpacking - Hiker Air Conditioner

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Sep 28 14:05:54 CDT 2008

I noticed down at mean old Walmart yesterday in the small item section of the sundries department, a .6 ounce spray bottle.  This is .1 ounce more than the small spray bottles I recommended to you at your local drug store.

The Walmart type (iGo made in China bottle) weighs in at .6 ounce empty and 3 ounces full of water.  The .5 ounce drug store type bottle weighs 2.4 ounces full of water.

So, you get a lot more water for .1 ounce.  I think it is worth it.  So, now I am recommending the Walmart bottle for air conditioner comfort on the trail.  I noticed the smaller bottle has a slightly finer spray than the larger Walmart bottle.  Not big deal, I don't think, but you might have a different opinion.

Another piece of platinum information for your hiking pleasure (to lower the air temp around your head 20-30 degrees) from your trail buddy, Switchback.

P.S.: My previous post about recumbent bikes on the PCT is me pulling your chain.  Though, I am considering recumbent bikes for use on bike trails and streets.