[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 9, Issue 51

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Sep 27 07:18:45 CDT 2008

The Kickoff WagonMaster wrote: Oh, Switchback, you slimey dog, you just made me laugh so hard!!!? So, let me try to compensate; A thru-hiker had a problem and went to his priest for help."I have these two female parrots and all they want to say is, 'We're prositutes, wanna have some fun?'...............................
Switchback replies: All my life people have told me that I am a bad influence on others.  This is so true.  They pick up my habits.  Yes, I have heard that parrot story before.  It is true too.  I first heard it at trailtown hiker saloon deep at night.  The thru-hiker had the parrots with him on his shoulders.  I happen to have Stinker the PCT Trail Skunk, Sr. and Jr. with me too.  Everyone had a great time.  Much hot pizza and cold brews were consumed by the room filled with hikers and friends.

We sang hiker songs all night.  You know things like, "My grandmother is 92.  She does thru-hiking better than you.  My grandmother is 94.  She does thru-hiking more and more."  Etc., etc., etc.  Yes, it was a typical hardcore, hiker trash night in town.

Switchback the Trail Pirate
"May the Forest be with you."