[pct-l] A Backpacker's Last Day

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 19:36:36 CDT 2008

Trail Grizzly returned from a doctor's visit one day & told his wife and trail partner, TrailDust, that the doctor said he only had 24 hours to live.

Wiping away her tears, he asked her to make love with him.  Of course she agreed & they made passionate love.

Six hours later, Grizzly went to her again, & said, 'Honey, now I only have 18 hours left to live. Maybe we could make love again?' TrailDust agreed & again they made love.

Later, Grizzly was getting into bed when he realized he now had only 8 hours of life left. He touched TrailDust's shoulder & said, 'Honey? Please? Just one more time before I die.'

She agreed, then afterward she rolled over & fell asleep.  Grizzly, however, heard the clock ticking in his head, & he tossed & turned until he was down to only four more hours.

He tapped his wife on the shoulder to wake her up. 'Honey, I only have 4 hours left! Could we...?'

His wife sat up abruptly, turned to him & said, 'Listen Grizzly, I'm not being funny..............but I have to get up in the morning & you don't.'