[pct-l] Water treatment question for the PCT community

Krystina Webster krystinasjunk at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:59:46 CDT 2008

I section hiked SoCal and the Sierra this year; started out with a filter
(until it clogged), then moved on to AquaMira.  AquaMira worked fine, but I
really didn't like having to wait until the two parts mixed before adding it
to the water.  After finding out that AquaMira is essentially bleach with an
addititive to reduce treatment aftertaste, I switched to bleach.  It seems
like you're drinking municipal water, but it works and it's a bit faster.
Maybe I am influenced to much by hype, but I would never drink untreated
water.  Not filtering took a bit to get used to, but the bandana did help to
filter out large particles...

Find something that makes you comfortable.

Krystina