[pct-l] The Thousand Lakes Wilderness, Clinton Clarke's Original PCT Route, vs the Hat Creek Rim

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Wed Sep 17 09:52:47 CDT 2008

On Sep 17, 2008, at 1:26 AM, pct-l-request at backcountry.net wrote:

> Subject: [pct-l] The Thousand Lakes Wilderness,	Clinton Clarke's
> 	Original PCT Route, vs the Hat Creek Rim
>
>   http://www.pbase.com:80/losthiker/root&view=recent

Wow, all that so near to the Hat Creek Rim? I thought the Rim was
interesting and enjoyed walking it. I think I would have enjoyed your
spot more.

In my opinion, the PCT makes a lot of poor route choices that keep
you too far away from water and pretty places.

If the trail originally went through the 1000 Lakes Wilderness, and
there are still trails there, why did they choose to route the PCT
through Hat Creek Rim instead?