[pct-l] Oregon's turn to burn

Suzannah Swinehart suz_quz at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 16 22:33:05 CDT 2008

Yikes - first the Sky Lakes-PCT closure, now this.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_091608_news_royce_butte_fire.824c1c38.html?npc

The last few days have not been kind to the few Oregon fires that we have going.

This one looks to be a fair distance from the PCT and not much is known at this point, but it's a reminder that Oregon has been HOT and DRY and we're ready for some fall rains! We went out last weekend and had a great full moon hike in the Mt. Washington wilderness. I hope others get to enjoy this gorgeous hiking weather as well, but continue to exercise extreme caution in those dry woods...

-Chipmunk