[pct-l] Never Underestimate a Hardcore Backpacker

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 18:25:33 CDT 2008

It is the height of PCT backpacking season in a trailtown saloon at night.  Many thru hikers are there downing their well earned cold brews and hot pizzas.  The usually compliment of admiring hiker babes are there too.  Then the roar of many Harley's are heard outside.

A big tough biker pack leader with his buddies and ole Ladies walks in.  He announces in a defying voice, "I hear you backpackers are a bunch of hard drinkers.  I'll give $500 dollars to anybody in here who can drink 12 bottles of beer back-to-back, and  if ya'll can't do it you pay me $500. The room is quiet.

No one takes up the biker's offer.  Then Unsupported USMC Reinhold gets up and politely leaves the table of hiker bros and babes.  About 15 minutes later Unsupported comes back and taps the biker on the shoulder. "Is your bet still good?".

The burly biker says, "Yup", and asks the bartender to line up 12 bottles of beer.

Immediately Unsupported tears into all 12 of the bottles chug-a-lugging them all back-to-back. The other hiker bar patrons cheer madly as the bikers sheepishly sits in amazement.

The biker leader gives Unsupported the $500 and says, "If ya'll don't mind me askin', where did you go for that 15 minutes when you were gone?"

Unsupported replies, "Oh, I went to the saloon down the street to see if I could do it first."