[pct-l] Ouachita Trail

Julie Day jewle33 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 10:17:28 CDT 2008

Hello All!

I'm a Bay Area native currently residing in central Arkansas, and on the hunt for recommended backpacking trails in the area.  I wouldn't say I'm bored with our nearby hikes, but certainly in need of more variety and longer mileage.  A few of us are considering hiking the Ouachita Trail this fall in preparation for the 2009 PCT season - has anyone done this trail and have any advice as far as weather, gear, water, east-or westbound, etc?  November is looking like our best shot to thru-hike it this year, but if you recommend otherwise I'd love to hear why!

Many thanks,

--Julie