[pct-l] How do you distinguish scuzzy ''Hiker Trash'' from a grubby ''Homeless Bum''?

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Wed Sep 10 01:16:44 CDT 2008

Say Switchback,
I saw a ''Homeless Bum''  at McDonald's  the other day looking for a
handout, so I bought him a hamburger instead
of giving him money.
I always do that, this way they get something to eat instead of
something to drink.
After I left I started thinking, ''funny'', I never saw a ''Homeless
Bum'' with trekking poles before.....I wonder if he was
''Hiker Trash'' instead?.....They all look alike, kind off, ....grubby,
scuzzy, dirty and malnourished.

Say, how  DO YOU  tell  "grubby ''Hiker Trash''  from a scuzzy
''Homeless Bum???

JMT Reinhold