[pct-l] Trail Tunes

Tom Aterno taterno at cox.net
Mon Sep 8 19:19:28 CDT 2008

I like them all.

Here are a few more I had in my player.  These don't necessarily have
anything to do with the trail, but some are appropriate, such as mean
Old Wind Died Down, which is what I wished the wind would have done
two weekends ago at Thousand Island Lake.

A Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker (Woodstock version)
Going Up the County - Canned Heat
Fresh Air - Quicksilver Messenger Service
Mean Town Blues - Johnny Winter
Mean Old Wind Died Down - North Mississippi Allstars
Otis Reading - I've Been Loving You
Working Class Hero - John Lennon (for those of us aspiring to be hiker
trash)
Waterloo Sunset - Kinks

Here is one I will need to add:

There Ain't No Bugs On Me - Garcia and Grisman

And in response to Reinhold, and I am not trying to start a war of
words, this is just my observation...

Ah, but there is a difference between hiker trash and a bum.

Hiker trash works six months of the year in order to hike six months
of the year.

A bum works at nothing, except being a bum.

Happy listening.

The Incredible Bulk